Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
These refined sugar-free cookies are no less decadent than their sugary predecessors. These cookies blend creamy tahini with luscious Just Date Syrup, and get a little extra texture from juicy medjool dates. This recipe is inspired by Danielle Oron's famous tahini chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp all purpose sifted flour
- ½ tsp baking powder, sifted
- ½ tsp baking soda, sifted
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 5 ounces unsalted butter room temp
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp tahini, stirred well
- 1 bottle JDS
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chopped unsweetened baking wafers (we used 100% cacao from Guittard)
- 9 pitted medjool dates, chopped (this came out to a little less than 1 full cup of chopped dates)
- Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda into a medium sized bowl. Combine with kosher salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, blend butter, tahini, and date syrup for 5 minutes on medium speed, until light, fluffy, and creamy. Add egg and vanilla, and continue to blend for another 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to wet ingredients, and blend on the lowest speed, until just combined, while scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as you go.Fold in chopped medjool dates and chocolate wafers.
- Cover mixture and chill in the fridge for 4 hours
- Preheat oven to 325*. To portion out each cookie: scoop a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough into hands, flatten, and place onto lined baking sheet. We like to bake about 6 cookies in a baking sheet to leave ample room in between.
- Bake cookies for 13-14 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool for ___ mins ** (how long did we let the cookies cool? 10 mins?)
- Drizzle baked cookies with additional JDS, and a light sprinkle of maldon salt.12-16 cookies