Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta, Dates, + Pomegranates
Caramelized brussels sprouts with pancetta, dates, and pomegranates is our idea of a perfect Thanksgiving dish. Or our perfect dish for any night of the week, for that matter! It’s full of Fall flavors, and strikes a delicious balance of smokey, savory, sweet, and utterly addicting.
- 2 ounces diced pancetta
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts - halved lengthwise
- 1 tsp of smoked hot paprika
- ⅓ cup JDS
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 6 pitted and chopped medjool dates
- Pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a cast iron pan, slowly render pancetta until slightly browned - don’t want to brown all the way because you'll finish cooking it in the oven later.
- Remove pancetta from pan and set aside. To the same pan, add halved brussels, hot paprika, JDS, and olive oil, and cook for several mins, until brussels have a slight char on one side.
- Add the cooked pancetta and chopped dates into the cast iron pan and fold into mixture to evenly combine. Roast all in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, until charred and golden brown.
- Plate onto a serving platter and top with pomegranate arils for a bright and slightly acidic garnish.