Fall Pumpkin Bread
The 'pumpkin spice' trend is showing no signs of slowing down, so we thought we'd jump on the bandwagon with a refined sugar-free version. As always, this date syrupified version turned out so much better than the original, adding a depth of flavor from medjool dates both through the syrup and through tiny chunks of medjools. This bread is perfect as breakfast, dessert, or just a holiday snack. We love it topped with thick coconut yogurt, toasted pumpkin seeds, and an extra drizzle of Just Date Syrup (of course).
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Just Date Syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup white whole wheat or AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 finely chopped medjool dates
- 1/2 cup nuts of choice, chopped ( we used walnuts )
- Preheat oven to 325. Butter loaf pan.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients separately, except dates and walnuts. Add mixed wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir well. Fold in dates and walnuts.
- Bake for 50 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
- Top with coconut yogurt and a drizzle of Just Date Syrup. Enjoy!