Raw Coffee Cream Cake with Chocolate Crust
Em from Rawsome Vegan Life made this naturally date sweetened, raw vegan vanilla cashew "cheesecake" but with coffee and chocolate infused, with goji berries and pipits on top. The chocolate crust and the coffee cream feature Just Date Syrup, made with only organic medjool dates, giving this cake a rich caramel-y flavor, too. Gluten-free, nutrient dense, and the perfect no-bake summer treat.
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons carob powder or cacao powder
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 3 hours in water then rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- l1/4 cup date syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup very strong, brewed organic coffee
More date syrup to drizzle
- To make the crust: stir up the flour with the syrup and coconut butter until it resembles a crumbly dough that holds it's shape when pressed together between a couple fingers. If it's too crumbly, add more date syrup. If it's too moist, add more flour. Press into the bottom of a springform pan or adjustable pan (mine was about 7 or 8 inches). Put in the fridge.
- To make the mocha cream: blend all the ingredients together until smooth and delicious. Add some more liquid if it's too thick, or some dates or coconut oil if it's too thin. You want it to have the consistency of thick yogurt. Spread evenly onto your crust and leave in the fridge for 24 hours so the flavours can develop and the cake can set.
Decorate with the toppings and enjoy!
Em from This Rawsome Vegan Life