Roasted Delicata Squash with 'Nduja + Ricotta
We love delicata squash in our test kitchen - it’s easy to prep, pairs with all of our favorite spices, and it looks gorgeous on a plate. We’ve been serving up this roasted delicata squash dish with spicy 'Nduja sausage and ricotta on repeat, and it’d make the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving menu. This recipe gets the perfect amount of sweet caramelization from Just Date Syrup, a little heat and smokiness, and the perfect bite of creaminess from the dollops of ricotta to pull it all together.
- 8 oz ground 'nduja sausage
- 24 oz delicata squash, halved lengthwise, seeds removed, sliced into half moons
- 1 tsp baharat
- ⅓ cup Just Date Syrup
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Generous pinches of salt
- Dollops of ricotta
- Pomegranate arils for garnish
- Toasted pepitas
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a cast iron pan, break up the 'nduja sausage with a wooden spoon and slowly cook it until slightly browned.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced delicata squash with baharat, Just Date Syrup, olive oil, generous pinches of salt, and the 'nduja sauasage from the skillet. Arrange the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and roast until everything is golden brown, and the squash is fork-tender.
- Plate on a serving dish and garnish wit dollops of ricotta and fresh pomegranate arils.