Chocolate Chunk Chickpea Blondies
These vegan, gluten-free blondies are the plant-based treat you've been craving - just a few simple ingredients, a quick bake, and you'll have gooey, decadent dessert with a sneaky amount of protein and nutrients. It's one of my favorite pantry staple treats, using chickpeas, nut butter, and of course, just date syrup.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed well and drained
- 1/2 cup @AddJoi cashew butter base (or any nut butter of choice)
- 1/3 cup @JustDateSyrup date syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 bar of dark @RaakaChocolate chopped into tiny chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line an 8x8 baking tray with parchment or coconut oil
- Blend chickpeas, Joi cashew base, date syrup, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and vanilla in a food processor until smooth
- Stir in a roughly chopped bar of Raaka dark chocolate, pour batter into the tray and top with extra chocolate pieces and salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes, and let the blondies cool completely before slicing, or else they will be too fragile!